The main lines on which the European Hospital has set its own welfare style and methods of diagnosis and treatment are designed to consider the patient/client “the core”, the figure upon which to focus every effort by all operators.
This is emphasized by structural choices: from technology specialties, to care pathways and finally to the choice of physicians and nursing and technical staff and the same management company.
The purpose of the European Hospital S.pA. is to protect the right to health of every citizen, giving him at the same time the power of direct control over service quality, in terms of efficiency, customization and effectiveness.
The protection of the right to health requires the recognition and defense of these principles, accepted and advocated by the ‘European Spa Hospital in carrying out its assistance activities:
- Right to Preventive Measures: Everyone has the right to appropriate services to prevent the disease. The medical and paramedical staff of the nursing home is committed to providing all services necessary for disease prevention, providing health procedures at regular intervals, getting available for everyone the best diagnostic and operative techniques as well as the results of scientific research and technological innovation.
- Right of Access: Everyone has the right to access the necessary care that his state of health requires. The Hospital provides this right by ensuring access to care, both in outpatient facilities and in clinic, without discrimination on the basis of financial resources, residence, type of disease.
- Right to information: Everyone has the right to receive all the information about his state of health and health services that will be used, as well as information on all the means that science and technology provide. The entire staff of the nursing home ensures that the patient will always be provided all the necessary information through direct talks with doctors in charge, with the head nurse, with the administrative staff, which will ensure the streamlining of bureaucratic procedures and provide all informative brochures; Patients will always have guaranteed the possibility of access to their medical records in order to receive clarification on its contents and to obtain a photocopy, with simple request method.
- Right to Consent: Everyone has the right to receive all the information that will enable them to actively participate in decisions about their health. The medical staff of the hospital must provide all information related to the patient for surgery, diagnostic procedure or medical treatment, including the risks, side effects and possible alternatives. The informed consent will be requested in advance and the patients will be free to refuse medical intervention and change their minds during a treatment, refusing its continuation.
- Right to free choice: Everyone has the right to choose freely between different procedures and providers of care, based on adequate information.The patient at the European Hospital will be guaranteed the right to choose which diagnostic tests or therapies to undergo, further getting all the information to identify which professionals are required to ensure a certain treatment and to receive information on the results of their activities.
- Right to Privacy and Confidentiality: Everyone has the right to confidentiality of personal information, as well as have the right to protect his privacy during the performance of diagnostic exams, specialist visits, and medical and surgical treatments in general. The entire staff of the hospital guarantees the right to confidentiality of information about the health of the patient and medical or surgical treatment which he or she unfergoes, providing a suitable environment for the respect of privacy.
- Right to respect the time of the patients: Everyone has the right to receive necessary treatment within a swift and predetermined period of time. The hospital provides informations about the exact timing of the specialists visits, diagnostic tests, surgery or other treatments, within a predetermined maximum. The doctors provide adequate time for information to their patients, visits or treatments.
- Right to respect the quality standards: Everyone has the right to access high quality health services, based on the observance of precise standards. The Hospital ensures to the patient technical, professional, comfort and human relations in compliance with precise quality standards defined jointly by the Health Department and the General Directorate, in accordance with national and international health guidelines evaluated and updated periodically.
- Right to safety: Everyone has the right to be free from harm caused by failure of health services, from medical errors and has the right to access to health services with high security standards. The nursing home provides protection of the patient through continuous monitoring of risk factors and by controlling the electronic medical devices using a licensed contractor and specialist and ensuring efficiency and safety of the equipment, including training of operators .
- Right to Innovation: Everyone has the right to access to all innovative procedures, both operational and diagnostic according to international standards and independently of economic or financial considerations. The responsible doctors identified by the medical direction of the hsopital participate actively in scientific research promoting meetings and conventions in the biomedical field and spreading the results appropriately to colleagues, patients and scientific societies.
- Right to avoid unnecessary pain and suffering: Everyone has the right to avoid as much suffering as possible at every stage of his illness.
- Right to a personalized treatment: Everyone is entitled to receive treatments both diagnostic and therapeutic suitable to personal requirements. The medical personnel of the nursing home ensures personalised medical care through medical flexible programs to safeguard the health of the patient.
- Right to complaint: Everyone has the right to complain whenever he or she has suffered and is entitled to receive a reply. The hospital ensures the opportunity to present verbal or written complaints at the Head of Administration, to the chief of complaints Mrs. Paola Rosadini and to receive appropriate response.
The assessment of the standards defined and reported later, is made through internal audits that are planned by the General Directorate and are designed to evaluate the compliance and implementation of the Quality System.
|QUALITY INDICATOR||QUALITY STANDARD|
|RESPECT OF TIME OF CUSTOMER||No. days on average between booking and admission||n° 15|
|RESPECT OF DIGNITY AND CONFORT OF THE CUSTOMER||Frequency of cleaning of hospital rooms and private bathroom||Daily|
|Frequency of cleaning the toilets||Twice a day|
|Comfort in every room of the hospital||Telephone, TV, air conditioning, bathroom.|
|Frequency of change of linen||Daily|
|RESPECT OF PRIVACY||arried out according to the principles of the Decree 196/03. Guaranteed space for confidential discussions|
|QUALITY INDICATOR||QUALITY STANDARD|
|CORRECT INFORMATION||All information is provided according to the timetable and procedures agreed||Timely and with continuous information|
|WARRANTY OF PROFESSIONALISM||Features of medical and professional technical||Compliance with legal requirements|
|Equipment and qualification of technical and auxiliary nurses differentiated by the high specialties||Compliance with legal requirements|
|Selection of the nursing staff||Superamento delle prove di selezione:
|Training and upgrading of the nursing staff||Annual program of refresher courses|
|EQUIPMENT||equipment for the high||Compliance with legal requirements|
The history of the Garofalo Group is a history that starts long time ago, in the post-war far-off period, when Italy was a shattered country, with an uncertain future. Raffaele Garofalo was a young idealist pursuing a dream he strongly believed in: becoming a great surgeon. Right after graduating he went to the Military Hospital of Naples as a volunteer where he performed his first surgical operations. From Naples to Rome, passing by Ripe San Ginesio, Raffaele’s early dream finally came true and, together with his brothers, at the end of the fifties he took over the management of the private hospital where he was used to work with great determination, the Sant'Antonio of Padua nursing home in Colle Oppio. The sixties started a phase of economic and social transformation of Italy, an agricultural country becoming a modern nation, with an “exponential increase of the industrial sector”; on this background, the Garofalo family made a step forward, giving birth to a big entrepreneurial group. After buying a land In Monteverde area, the building of a new clinic began. The Casa di Cura Città di Roma was so born. In the following decade, known as the ”Years of lead”, in spite of such a negative scenario, the Garofalo Group that, till that moment, had invested in an anti-cyclical field, achieved great results as a fully successful company. It was so decided to diversify the resources investing also in hotel sector and the Park Hotel Residence Blanc et Noir, the Residence Ponte Bianco and the Park Hotel Residence Rouge et Noir were born. At the same time, was bought the Castello di Nerola, which was meant to become one of the ten most beautiful hotels in the world. In the eighties, the Garofalo Group kept on steadily growing in the sanitary sector. Therefore, it was the Aurelia Hospital, the European Hospital and the Casa di Cura Samadi’s turn. In the nineties, the Group bought Videouno，a local television station broadcasting in the whole Lazio and part of the Tuscany. It was turned into Telesalute, the first monothematic European broadcasting station exclusively focused on health. Today, Telesalute has become IES TV - Information and health.
At the end of the nineties and at the beginning of 2000, Garofalo Group, chaired by its founder Raffaele Garofalo, started a healthy territorial diversification, purchasing sanitary structures located in several regions of the Northern Italy. So it was the turn of the Eremo di Miazzina in Verbania, the Hesperia Hospital in Modena, the Villa Berica in Vicenza and the Villa Garda in Garda. A growing process that, even after the great loss suffered by the Group with the death of its founder in February 2006, was carried out with the purchase of the Casa di Cura Rugani in Siena and of the Casa di Cura Villa Von Siebenthal in Genzano of Rome.