The European Hospital is accredited by the National Health Service (NHS) exclusively for cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology, and provides inpatient services for self-pay patients for the following specialties:
- plastic surgery, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- reproductive medicine
- internal medicine
- colon proctology
Non-chargeable services provided under accreditation by the Lazio Region include:
- cardiac surgery
- cardiology and hemodynamic monitoring
People who wish to be admitted to the European Hospital as inpatients, under NHS cover, are recorded in an admission register. This register is available at the Registration Desk and can be consulted with prior authorization from the Healthcare Management Department. The waiting list is based on:
- the patient’s clinical needs
- the chronological order of booking
The patient is informed in due course of the date and time of admission.ADMISSION GUIDE
For admission under NHS cover, the following documents are required:
- National health insurance card
- ID document
- Request for admission by the patient’s general practitioner
- Patient’s medical records
Although the hospital does not have an Emergency Department on its premises, emergency admissions are guaranteed 24 hours around the clock thanks to the presence of an anaesthesiologist, cardiologist, cardiac surgeon and technical support staff.
A laboratory biologist for clinical chemistry, a radiologist and an operating room team, as well as a support team, such as blood transfusion services, are also available.
The doctor and head nurse will help discharge the patient. He/she will be given a dated and signed hospital discharge letter containing diagnostic and therapeutic information addressed to the patient's doctor.
The patient’s discharge letter contains the following information:
- the patient’s name, surname and date of birth;
- date of admission;
- reason for hospitalization;
- date of discharge;
- patient’s medical diagnosis;
- patient’s relevant pre- and post-operative diagnostic tests;
- patient’s clinical course during hospitalization;
- therapies and surgery performed during hospitalization and recommended home therapies;
- therapy recommended at discharge together with time stamp.
Upon discharge, all personal health records are returned to the patient.
Self-pay patients are admitted without NHS cover. In such cases, the patient can book the date and time of admission by telephone, requesting not only a bed or private room, but also an entire medical team. For this type of admission, an identification document and the doctor’s medical report are sufficient.
For patients with private insurance cover, the patient’s GP request and an identity document are required. It is sufficient for the patient to provide the Reception Desk with the name of the medical insurance company. All communication procedures for authorization are then carried out by the staff of the European Hospital S.p.A.
Il paziente assicurato ha tutti i privilegi già descritti per il pagante in proprioPatients with private insurance cover benefit from the same privileges as described for self-pay patients.